Bankwest has announced that it will provide emergency assistance for customers affected by flooding in the Kimberley region.
“Our thoughts are with everyone impacted, and we appreciate the emergency services personnel and volunteers who are working tirelessly to support the community,” the bank said. “Bankwest understands that each customer will have unique needs and support requirements, and our financial assistance team is ready to help, with special arrangement options available.”
Bankwest’s emergency assistance options include:
- personalised solutions for those with a loan, like changing the repayment arrangements
- restructuring a business loan without having to worry about the usual bank establishment fees
- reviewing credit card payments for those with good standing, including requests for emergency limit increases (subject to credit approval)
- waiving pre-payment penalties over the next month for those who would like to access term deposits
- waiving other selected fees and charges
“We’re ready to help customers with any special arrangements and encourage them to contact us as soon as possible so we can provide the right support for their individual needs,” Bankwest said.
Bankwest customers who have queries or need assistance are encouraged to visit their nearest branch when it’s safe to do so. They can also call 1300 769 173 to discuss personalised solutions for their credit card or loan products, or 13 17 19 if they need help with term deposits or other products or services.
Small business customers can call 13 70 00 and relationship managed business customers can get in touch with their relationship manager for support. For merchant banking queries, call 1800 230 177.
Got something to say about this story? Let us know in the comments below.