Non-phone work at home jobs tend to be the most popular. This is because not everyone can easily work from home with a phone.
Most phone jobs require no background noise, and that is not something everyone can guarantee when they have children or pets at home with them all day.
If you’re looking for a work at home job and would prefer something that doesn’t require the use of a phone, hopefully you’ll find some ideas on where to apply after browsing the list below. I’ve gone through the last several batches of work at home job leads we’ve posted to find the companies that are still hiring AND don’t require you to use a phone.
Work From Home Non-Phone Jobs Open Now
- Audio Transcription Center – Transcriptionists. Anywhere in the US. Minimum 80 WPM required, as well as strong research and grammar skills. A speedy, reliable internet connection is also a must. According to Glassdoor, pay ranges $16 – $20 / hour
- Landmark Associates – Transcriptionists. Anywhere in the US. You’ll have to complete their test transcript and attach it with your application. Prior experience with general transcription projects and extensive knowledge of English grammatical rules is a beneficial. Salary is unknown, but most of what I see online says it is fair, particularly for those new to transcription
- Dictate Express – Transcriptionists. Anywhere in the US. You’ll have to pass their assessment test before applying – this is to make sure your grammar / spelling are up to par. Once hired, you’re expected to complete at least 45 minutes of work a day. Salary is unknown.
- 3PlayMedia – Transcriptionists / Editors. Anywhere in the US. Must have excellent grammar and spelling, as well as the ability to type at least 75 wpm. You’ll also need a speedy internet connection. Pay is project-based, ranging $10 – $30 / hour, depending on your efficiency.
- GMR Transcription – General Transcriptionists. Anywhere in the US. No experience needed! Make your own schedule, pick and choose how much work you want to take on. According to Glassdoor, pay should be around $14 / hour.
- Acorn Transcripts, LLC. – Transcribers. Anywhere in the US. Must have experience transcribing digital audio files and experience with court terminology. You’ll also need good quality headphones and a foot pedal for audio playback. Salary is unknown.
- Bentley Systems – Transcribers. Anywhere in the US. Excellent keyboarding skills are an absolute must for this job, as well as great English skills (oral and written). Payrate for this position is unknown.
- Literably – Transcriptionists. Most US states Position appears to be entry level, they will give you the training needed for the position. Be sure to sign up using the same name and email address attached to your Paypal account (do not, however, use your Paypal password – only the name and email must match). Pay starts at $10 / hour.
- Babbletype – Transcriptionists. Anywhere in the US. While higher education is not required, a broad scope of knowledge in various subjects and excellent listening skills are required. Must be a competent typist with strong research skills. Pay varies dependent on the length of the recording you’re transcribing.
- Bustle – Viral Writers. Anywhere in the US. 2+ years of editorial experience is required, as well as a great writing voice and passion for internet trends and food. According to Glassdoor, pay tends to be around $16 / hour or $12 / hour on a freelance basis.
- eNotes – Freelance Writers. Anywhere in the US. You’ll be writing answers for homework help questions. Ideal candidates have experience generating professional prose in academic/educational settings and specialize in literature, history, or the social sciences. Pay ranges $7.40 for a 120 word answer, up to $37 for a longer answer.
- Passive Income MD – Content Writers. Anywhere in the US. 3+ years of prior copywriting or content writing experience required, as well as MS Office proficiency and knowledge of SEO. Payrate is unknown
- ShoutVox – Freelance Content Writers. Anywhere in the US. Must have understanding of SEO and MS Office proficiency, as well as excellent writing skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Pinterest – Long Form Writers. Anywhere in the US. 2+ years experience in content strategy, copywriting, professional blogging, journalism, marketing or similar is required, B2B experience is ideal but optional. Payrate is unknown.
- Content Fly – Content Writers. Anywhere in the US. They’re looking for excellent writers, with strong proofreading skills and an impressive portfolio of previous work. Pay ranges $.05 – $.30 per word for writing jobs and $.03 – $.10 per word for editing jobs and is paid via direct deposit.
- HotGhostWriter Ltd – Romance Book Writers. Anywhere in the US. Looking for a long-term commitment, eager and available to work and can comfortably deliver a minimum of 15,000 words a week. Current rate is $20 USD per 1,000 words.
- TextBroker – Authors. Anywhere in the US. After passing their test, you’re assigned a level based on your writing skill. Pay varies dependent on the writing assignment, higher level writers have access to higher paying assignments. Your level will be periodically evaluated, so advancement is possible.
- SteelSeries – Copywriters. Anywhere in the US. Understanding of gaming culture and 3+ years experience in marketing at an agency required, as well as strong communication and problem solving skills. Payrate is unknown.
- Study.com – Freelance Science Writer. Study.com’s science lesson writers develop rich, quality lessons for students from middle school to college level. They’re looking for instructors, course developers, and educational copywriters to contribute to their library of engaging online lessons. Must have either a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Pay is per piece.
- Bustle – Celebrity News Writers. Still hiring! Anywhere in the US. 2+ years of writing experience required, as well as SEO knowledge and a passion for celebrity news. According to Glassdoor, pay tends to be around $16 / hour or $12 / hour on a freelance basis.
- EndGame360 – Freelance Writers. Several US states. Prior writing experience and impeccable grammar are both required, while a Bachelor’s degree or knowledge of SEO are preferred (but not a must). Pay is $75 per article.
- Bustle – Entertainment Writers. Anywhere in the US. 2 years of prior writing/reporting experience is required, as well as extensive knowledge of and interest in celebrity culture, TV, etc. SEO knowledge is also a must. According to Glassdoor, pay tends to be around $16 / hour or $12 / hour on a freelance basis.
- CBR – Gaming List Writers. US & UK. Broad working knowledge of old and current comic books is required, as well as prior relevant writing and editing experience. Payrate for this position is unknown.
- ScreenRant – Gaming News Writers. Anywhere in the US. Deep knowledge of AAA games and the gaming industry is required, as well as excellent command of the English language and impeccable grammar. Payrate for this position is unknown.
- ResumeSpice – Resume Writers. Anywhere in the US. Must have full MS Word proficiency, as well as strong verbal/written communication skills and an understanding of various industries and job functions. Payrate is unknown.
- Talent.inc – Freelance Resume Writers. Anywhere in the US. Talent.inc are seeking exceptional writers with 3+ years of prior work experience, established professionals. Microsoft Office skills are also a must. According to Glassdoor, pay should be around $21 / hour.
- VIDA Select – Creative Writers. Anywhere in the US. Must have excellent writing skills, with strong time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines. You’ll have to take a short writing test. Salary is unknown.
- Cozymeal – Freelance Content Writers. Anywhere in the US. 2+ years of experience in copywriting or journalism is required. You’ll also need experience using Google Drive. Pay ranges $75 / 2,000 words for short form content, $85 / 2,000 words for long form.
- Scribendi Inc. – Freelance Proofreaders. Available worldwide, but some US states are excluded. University degree in a relevant field and native level English ability required. Minimum 3 years experience in editing, proofreading, or teaching. According to Glassdoor.com, hourly contractors average around $25 / hour
- Promoshin – Content Editors. Anywhere in the US. Must have impeccable writing skills and grammar. You’ll have to complete a brief writing/editing test in order to assess your skills. You will be given the opportunity to state your desire per word rate.
- Proofreading Services – Proofreaders. Hiring worldwide! You’ll be required to pass their short proofreading test before applying. Pay range is $19 – $46 / hour depending on turnaround time (with the highest pay for the most urgent deadlines).
- Verbalizeit – Translators. Worldwide! You’ll need to pass an assessment test, as well as undergo a training period. Jobs are first come first serve and payment is twice per month through Paypal. Salary is unknown
- Gengo – Translators. Anywhere in the US. Workd as a freelance translator using Gengo. No formal qualifications are required, but you will need to pass an assessment test in your chosen language. Passing the standard test will pay you .03 / word, passing the expert test will net $.08 / word. This is great for entry level translators looking to build up their resume!
- TELUS – Online Mystery Shoppers. Anywhere in the US. Only requirements are a speedy internet connection, a smartphone, and experience using social media. Must also be a fluent English speaker. Payrate is unknown.
- TELUS – Personalized Ads Evaluator. Anywhere in the US. Must have access to a speedy, wired internet connection and an Android phone. You’ll need to have been a resident of the united states for at least 3 years. Payrate is unknown.
- TELUS – Internet Safety Evaluators. Still hiring! Anywhere in the US. Screen content for potentially upsetting or offensive material. Fluency in English is required, as well as a smartphone and Gmail account. Must be comfortable working with potentially sensitive content.
- TELUS International AI – Part Time | Remote opportunity – TELUS International AI (formerly Lionbridge AI) is actively hiring Raters for a flexible work-from-home opportunity (up to 20 hours per week). The job doesn’t require any specific skills, but there is a one-time qualification test that you must pass to be considered for the role. Training and instructions will be provided after onboarding. The majority of the task types will require both a desktop/laptop and a smartphone, and for cultural awareness purposes you should be living in the United States for the last 5 consecutive years.
- TELUS – Task Contributors. Anywhere in the US. You’ll be completing small, simple tasks involving social media, internet research, etc. You’ll need a PC, as well as a smartphone. Tech savvy is a must. Payrate is unknown.
- Measurement Inc – Readers/Evaluators. Most US states. Must have a Bachelor’s degree (any subject) as well as availability to work 4-5 days (or evenings – several shifts are open) per week. Pay is $15 / hour.
- Crazy Maple Studio – Narrative Designer. Open to CA, NY, CT, UT, WA, FL, PA, TX, MA, MI, IN, GA, or VA. They are looking for several full-time, superstar Story Editors/Narrative Designers to work on a successful narrative mobile game with their remote team. Must have minimum of 3 years experience in established industry for novels/publishing, gaming, television, film, etc. and at least one professional writing credit among other qualifications. According to Glassdoor, pay may be around $65K per year.
- Sigtrack – Voter Registration Data Entry Reps. Most US states. No prior experience is required, however you must have a PC, with a speedy internet connection and either a single 4k monitor, or a second 1080p monitor. Pay is weekly on Fridays via Paypal.
- Pactera EDGE – Map Evaluators. US, Canada & several other countries. You’ll be checking maps for accuracy. You’ll need to have been living in your country for at least 5 years, and you must be a fluent speaker of the language. Speedy internet and a PC are also required. Payrate is unknown.
- iSoftStone – Search Engine Evaluators. Anywhere in the US. English fluency, strong computer and communication skills all required. You’ll need a stable, speedy internet connection and a Windows PC. According to Glassdoor, pay might be around $13 / hour.
If you are looking for more options, FlexJobs is an excellent, ad-free resource that I use myself. You can get 30 percent off the subscription using promo code AFFILPROMO.